If the world or your life would end up today, how are you going to feel?
Will you be happy & contented because you were able to do what you want in life? You were able to buy all those fancy things, travel around the world, meet different people, eat those lavish and delicious foods, got a degree, have a good career or business, etc.
Will you be sad & full of regrets because you missed to do something? You forgot to tell your family how much you loved them. You were not able to buy what you want, marry the person you like, have your own family, own a mansion, make a lot of friends and see the whole world.
Or will you be at peace because you feel accomplished and have fulfill your purpose in this life?
But what is our purpose? Do we even know? Do we have an idea or even a hint?
I, for instance, am not sure why I am here on earth and why God gave me life. I cannot really tell if what I am doing is part of accomplishing my mission in this world.
But I am sure of one thing, our main mission is to do good the way God taught us to be. To follow His commandments and teaching. And to live by His love.
When things got tough in my life, I did not ask God why it was happening. But rather I asked Him why He blessed me this much. Why He never leave me when He could despite of all the mistakes I committed. Why He revealed in front of my eyes the truth which paved me to a better and easier way of moving on from those painful past. Why He loved me even when there are times I forgot and took Him for granted.
Maybe, which I believe though, He is simply like that. He does not count how many times you commit a mistake or a sin, but He counts how many times you correct them. He always have the better if not the best plan than any of us have. Especially with our lives. He loves us unconditionally without asking for anything in return. He is there with us, in us and for us even if most of the time we don’t talk to Him.
He is God. And even how many times the world will turn or move upside down, He is God. No one can change that and no one can take that away.
But how much do we love and believe in Him? How much do we follow His commandments and teaching?
Like any other human, I sometimes failed to do it. I sometimes missed to be a better child of God. I sometimes forgot that I should follow Him.
But I realized that my purpose in this life might include becoming happy, touching people and share to them that happiness, and inspire them the best way that I can. I have hundred of reasons to be sad, miserable and hate this life. But I chose not to. Why? Because I found million of reasons to be thankful and to be happy. I chose to do that.
And so, I am sharing the same thinking to everyone. I tried to share that happiness to others. I will do my best to motivate people to be thankful instead of live with hate and sadness.
Always remember that you will reap what you sow. So plant goodness here on earth so that you will harvest that in heaven. God is watching all the time. It won’t be difficult to at least make Him happy even for once by doing something good. 🙂
If there’s one thing that this pandemic had made me into, then it’s about becoming a Korean thing addict. From watching Korean Drama to Variety Shows to eating Korean Food to listening Korean Songs to studying Korean Language to having a Korean Friend to Korean Crush to dreaming of living in Korea. I don’t know what’s the other name to call that aside from being a Korean Addict. 😅
If it’s good or not? Hmmm… For sure, it’s a good thing except of spending a lot in the Korean store buying Korean stuff. Haha
But anyways, it’s fine. 😁
And these past few days or months, I have been into watching Korean Variety Shows.
What I love about their variety shows are how fun and real they get. You will see the authenticity and not being scripted. Yes, for sure there are lots of edit out but still you can see something real. Even how they look when they woke up. With all the messy hair and sleepy face. Definitely not attractive but real.
So, I came up of an idea into writing the things I learned from these variety shows I watched & is watching and apply it to my future travel adventure. Yes, it may not be within the year but hopefully, sooner possible. 🤞🙏
Here you go… 😅
A Travel Documentary in Netflix that features two celebrities, Korean singer and actor Lee Seung-gi and Taiwanese actor Jasper Liu. They traveled to Indonesia, Thailand, and Nepal to accomplish their one goal – meet their fans. Challenges need to be survived, budget needs to be met in order to reach their fan’s house.
What I like? They travel by budget. They need to accomplish a challenge successfully. They get to meet their fans on those places.
This is a South Korean television program that airs in tvN. It’s Korean name is 짠내투어 which is directly translated as Salty Tour or also known as The Thrifter’s Guide. They already have 2 seasons and 122 episodes since when they started last January 2017. Their hosts changed throughout these seasons. But the current hosts are the Park Myung-soo (since Episode 1), Kyuhyun of Super Junior (since Episode 79), Kim Jun-Ho (since Episode 111), and So Yi-Hyun (since Episode 116). They go to different places within and outside Korea.
What I like? They travel within budget which includes meal, accommodation and tourist attractions. Going beyond the budget could lead them to get the penalty which is to stay in the lowest budget accommodation or maybe in a tent. They also show how much you can see on those places even with the limited budget.
MASTER IN THE HOUSE
This is another South Korean television program. This one airs in SBS weekly. It’s Korean name is 집사부일체. This is also known as All the Butlers. They already had about 135 episodes since they started last December 2017. This marked the first fixed variety show of Lee Seung-gi since he was discharged from the military. Together with him in the original casting called Butlers are Actor Lee Sang-Yoon, Kpop Idol Yook Seong-Jae of BTOB, and Comedian Yang Se-Hyeong. But just this year, Sang-Yoon and Seong-Jae graduated and left the program to focus Sang-Yoon’s acting career and Seong-Jae enters military. They were later on replaced by Shin Seong-rok, Kim Dong-Hyun and Cha Eunwoo. The program focuses on a 24-stay of the Butlers with the Master. This Master would also teach them different things. The Butlers will have to learn from her/him and live the way the Master lives.
What I like? I like the different challenges that they did either who get to wash the dishes, to sleep with the master or to get a special item from the master. And of course, I love the idea that they meet masters in various fields that could teach them things they could use in their daily & personal life and of course, in their profession. Also, I like how the Butlers got closer to each other and learned to accept one another. And how they got closer to their Masters that even after the show, they still kept in touch.
This is another South Korean television program. This one airs in JBTC. This is about the actors who go for a backpacking trip. It has 2 seasons already since they started last February 2019. The first season was in Cuba with Ryu Jun-Yeol and Lee Je-hoon as travelers. While the second season was in Argentina with Ahn Jae-Hong, Kang Ha-Neul, and Ong Seong-Woo. They stayed together for two weeks and do different adventures.
What I like? I only watched Season 2 and enjoyed a lot. I like how these 3 strangers became friends and brothers. How much they care about each other especially Jae-Hong who is the eldest among the three. I like how they go on every adventure together and not letting someone be left behind even skydiving. And like how they get their me time or alone time. Which I think is important even if you’re traveling on a group or with someone. I love the adventures they did. From roaming around, devouring on asado, skydiving, driving for kilometers, camping, trekking to see the sunrise, and of course, reaching the end of the world. It made me want to go to Argentina.
This is another South Korean television program and airs in tvN. The Korean name if 여름 방학 and started this year. This is about two actors and friends, Choi Woo-Shik and Jung Yu-Mi to stay in a different place for a month to enjoy their summer vacation. They went to a small village with garden on their backyard and ocean a few meters from their house. They also invited guests and stayed with them overnight. And by the end of the day, they need to write in the diary what is special about the day.
What I like? I like how they get to live in a house with all the resources for food like vegetables and fruits. How relaxing the home is especially with 뽀삐. And how accessible the ocean is. Plus we can ride the bike around. The people are friendly and accommodating. How the two newly comers in the place were embraced by the neighbors. I like how they had the chance to make their own food and experiment new menu. They become independent.
I would supposedly be writing or sharing the list of shows which could relate to traveling. But there’s one show that I watched recently which I loved.
This is another South Korean television program that airs in SBS. The Korean name is 리틀 포레스트. The program starred Lee Seo-Jin, Park Na-Rae, Lee Seung-gi, Jung So-Min. Seo-Jin is a certified chef who took cooking lesson. Na-Rae also did a cooking lesson. While Seung-gi and So-Min are certified child psychology counselor. The aim of the program is for the little children who have no place to play and to enjoy 2 Days & 1 Night away from their parents at Jjigbaggol, Inje, Gangwon. They met and made new friends with the other children. They got to play around while the cast made sure to provide the necessary care to the children. They had to feed, take them a bath, change clothes, play, teach them new things and have fun. They got them to sleep too. As they spent more time together, the children and the cast got attached to each other. The 4 single casts with no experience with children became equipped and were able to take care the children well. And oh! Seung-gi utilized his woodworking skills by making tree house, suspension bridge and footstool. Seo-Jin and Na-Rae were able to provide delicious and healthy foods for the children. While So-Min attended the needs of the kids.
What I like? I like how these 4 single people who have no idea about taking care a child became expert and made the children happy during their stay. They taught them things like planting and even brought them to the market. They experienced the life to be away from the city and be surrounded by nature. They got to play with the chicken and rabbits. They were able to have fun at the same time learn. I hope there will be new season soon.
So, there! These are the Korean Television Programs that got me hooked and I enjoyed watching a lot. I got to laugh a lot too. This made me calm at times when I worried about a lot or when I’m very much stressed. A good laugh for a good show though. ❤️
September! The BERmonths have now started. Actually, it started 6 days ago. And so, Christmas season in the Philippines has also started. I already heard Christmas songs on the first day of the month.
And this month is the last month I claimed for a refund for my again, canceled flight. This is the 4th time I requested for a refund or a travel fund because of a canceled flight. All credits go to Coronavirus pandemic.
But as we always say, better safe than sorry. 😉
So even if 2020 has been a year full of canceled flights and plans, we should still be grateful coz we are safe at home.
And yet, I can’t stop thinking what should have happened if my flights were not canceled. So am gonna share it with you then. 😁
TAIPEI: March 12-15, 2020
First canceled flight was a trip to Taipei supposedly with my sister. Our flight was before we had the work from home setup but cases around the world has been rising. Flights to and from Taipei were canceled because basically it’s part of China though it’s an independent and separate country. And I guess cases that time was pretty high too. We received communication at work to stop leisure travel to China including Taiwan. Fortunately, the airline Cebu Pacific Air already offered refund or travel fund, so we grabbed this chance.
But what could have happen if we push through?
We were thinking of going to Chung Cheng University or popularly know as Ying De University. It’s located in Chiayi and about 2-3 hours travel. You can opt to do it on your own or book a tour.
Another places in my list are the Motorbike Waterfall at Minquan West Road in Taipei’s Datong District. Taipei is known for motorcycle. Maybe almost everyone there has their own motorcycle. That’s why it is a great scene to witness during the peak hours a parade of motorcycle that looks like a waterfall. Then, Taipei Shende Temple to see not just the beautiful temple. But also, the beautiful temple with a flying airplane at the back. Isn’t it sounds cool? 😁
And since I’ve been to Taipei already before and went to most of the tourist destinations, my sister will be having a day alone by herself to check those places. Then, maybe we can meet later in one of the famous night markets. And see cherry blossoms the next day.
Basically, our trip was just over the weekend but it will surely be filled with fun memories. And if we were able to go there before the lockdown, we might either went home & be quarantined for 14 days or we can’t go home yet & stayed in Taipei til the situation gets better. If the latter happened, then we’ll be in a country who succeed their fight against the pandemic even without the help from others.
Taiwan had a low rate of cases and I guess the numbers even out now. And yet, the people live their lives normally. Isn’t it amazing? 😍
SEOUL: APRIL 3-5
Next trip was supposedly in Seoul, South Korea. Again this was an over the weekend trip leaving Cebu on April 3 early morning and leaving Incheon on August 5 late at night. This was an impulsive trip because I just bought an airline ticket when I received my approved single entry visa last January. At that same time, there was a seat sale promo in Jeju Air.
Jeju Air was the airline we took last September 2019 and I was amazed with the trip and experience. So I bought the ticket just for myself at a very low cost.
And again, Coronavirus hit the world and the flight was canceled. Then, the next thing I did was claimed for a refund.
What could have happened if I went?
I would spend a day in Incheon right after I arrived and visit Wolmido Island. Then, after roaming around the island, trying the local food and see different new things; I would head to Myeongdong where I will stay.
The next day, I would spend it in a place where there’s cherry blossoms. And if I’m lucky, I would witness a festival that would happen only during the cherry blossom season.
Then on my last day, since it’s a Sunday, I would attend a mass at Myeongdong Cathedral. I was able to visit here before with my sister and our friend and I was amazed of how beautiful this church is. It’s like a castle.
Then after that, I will visit Bukchon Hanok Village and maybe had a meal or coffee in one of those Hanok. Then, head to Hongdae and roam around. And end my tour at the Cheongun Literature Village.
DAVAO: APRIL 24-26
Davao is my another home. I started calling this city my another home when I had my trip maybe 2017 or 2018, then when I went back to Cebu I felt a heavy heart. I then started missing the people I left in the city – my Davao family.
And after that, I went to the city I guess every year. Most of it was for work with a little bit for leisure (side trip). And every single trip was a time well spent with my Davao family. We shared a good chat and laughter over food or drinks.
I had the best unlimited crabs there. I tried eating the world’s worst chicken where the half chicken worth 2 whole chicken. I ate the charcoal icecream which I was really worried if it’s bad for me but turned out that it’s good for our body. I had the best meal in Agdao and Bangkerohan. And the yummy pizza in their suki, Jickongs. I had a good meal here before I was operated for Gallbladder removal days after. 😅
And Davao has been an outlet to some of my memorable trips. A solo travel to GenSan to visit my friend before he left for Australia. Another solo travel to Mati which I had experience camping again after about 6-hour bus ride. Visited the always Sleeping Dinosaur and experienced my first ever surfing. And my another solo bus ride to Cagayan de Oro which took about 7 or 8 hours passing the beautiful Bukidnon-Davao road, which they call BuDa road. I was both excited and nervous at the same time. Especially seeing the long zigzag road and passing a dark road when the night came. And oh! Who would forget that trip from Cotabato City after my 30-minute orientation. Thanks God, I wasn’t on solo and on a bus. Thanks to our client who gave me a safe ride. 😊
For the shortest distance, through Davao, I had a hearty & full brunch at the beautiful Samal Island. I had a delicious lunch at Kambingan in Tagum City and tried eating Hito or Catfish in Tagum City. I didn’t know it was that delicious. And I was able to visit the Largest Rosary Garden in the same city too.
There are many memories in Davao and I was very much excited to go back last April with Maira. Not just to try the food I missed including the Mango float at Food Basket but to once again get reunited with my family. And share laughter & new story. Meet the very pretty Agape and had fun on her 1st Birthday. Maybe, another breakfast at Samal Island and this time, we will go for a swimming. And if time permits, we would go for a quick trip to Mati. And of course, who would miss the unlimited crabs. But again, COVID-19 happened.
Well, hopefully next year, our paths will cross again in Davao. 😍
LA UNION: SEPTEMBER 24-26
For the third time, my trip to La Union was canceled. I had 2 trips supposedly last year. October was a solo trip and December with Tropang Laagan. But both I canceled because I had to prioritize more important things. Though my best friends, Tropang Laagan, were able to push through last December. But me and my bestfriend, April were not able to go.
That’s why me & April planned our trip this September. It was supposedly our anniversary trip after Busan last year and maybe we can do this every year on September.
But the flight was canceled. I received the notification from the airline late August and I managed the cancelation and chose for a refund & travel fund just this week.
Another La Union trip was canceled. 😒
But what would we have done?
For sure, we would try surfing in La Union. Have a tour around Elyu. Visit Ma-Cho Temple, the Pebble Beach, the Grapes Farm, Luna Church & Baluarte. Then, we would try different food, coffee, and experience the night in Elyu. We might be staying either in a dorm-type room or a private room like in Busan.
We could also drop by Pampanga to hike to Mt. Pinatubo before we fly back home.
I don’t know what’s with me and La Union. But one thing is for sure, I’m gonna visit this place one day. Maybe not too soon. But for sure, one of the days to come. Alone or with someone. 😉
It’s quite disappointing at first that all the plans I had were canceled. I even prepared an itinerary already, Not even one had push through. But looking back at it, it’s the best thing to do. For my safety and health.
In this way too, I’ve got to divert things instead of thinking about traveling. And the effect? I’m not sure if it’s positive or negative but I’m no longer as excited as I am before with seat sale. I don’t even know which place to visit. Coz maybe because I’ve been yearning more to go home in the island.
I have always have an itchy feet. But now, I love to choose to stay at home. For me, going out seems a pretty hassle. But maybe one day, the excitement will be back. My will will be alive. And I will be seeing the other parts of the world again.
And oh! Tourism industry has been affected a lot because of this pandemic. And being someone who benefited and enjoyed a lot with it before the pandemic, I should help it in my own little way. We should help it stand up again. Maybe visiting places in our home, our city or town, our province, our country or anywhere in the world. In this way, we can help the bus, ship, airline, hotel, inns, parks, etc. go back to where they used to be.
However, there will be a big difference this time. During the pandemic, the Earth has rested. Mother Earth or the nature in particular. The animals, the trees, the mountains, the oceans. They were able to rest since there’s no disturbance from humans. And so, once we’re back with our exploration, let us consider and give big care to Mother Earth.
Let us let her still feel rested while we do our thing. Let us keep her clean and safe. Let us protect jer as much as we can. One little way will have a big effect. We can do it. 💪
By the way, the funny thing though was that I met and made friends from these places during the pandemic. I met Rita from Taiwan, Narae from Busan, South Korean, Brian from Seoul, South Korea, and Hanie from La Union. Thanks to Slowly and I’ve got friends by sending out letters. 😅
Cebu City is back again at Enhanced Community Quarantine after being under General Community Quarantine for 15 days from June 1 to 15. But why?
Active cases are growing and there are many new cases everyday. The number of recoveries I think is growing too but not that much. Having thousands of active cases, you can really ask yourself, how do the hospitals still able to accept patients and how do health workers still accommodate & take care of these patients? Can they even take care of themselves still?
People are complaining some Government Officials especially the City Mayor for saying before that the city is so much prepared for the pandemic. And yet the city has the highest number of cases. Maybe, maybe the officials have their lapses that they must and should correct immediately before the situation worsen. But I think, the people in the city must also take and do their part. They have also to cooperate. If the mandate is to stay at home, then they should unless they need to. They should not be stubborn and insist of going and hanging out even just for nothing but to go out.
But hopefully, things will get better in the coming days. What’s negative about this virus is that we don’t know if we’re infected unless the symptoms show up. Even how much we care for ourselves especially when we are outside, if others will be careless, then it’s useless. Transmission is easy and fast. So we should ALL be careful and cautious.
I always think and say that this pandemic needs us to be more selfless and mindful with each other. This is not the time to be selfish. We need to work together and cooperate. It’s not the time to fight against each other.
Anyway, I just want to share my experience today when I went out to go to the bank and the supermarket. I am expecting that things may change from the last time I went out which the city was under General Community Quarantine.
My must haves always include an alcohol, wet wipes, Eco bag for grocery, a purse for my card and money. Then, I wear just shorts & shirt, shoes so that my toes will be covered, eyeglasses to protect my eyes and mask with a handkerchief inside. Then, I brought with me my phone without a cover for easy cleaning. And of course, the Quarantine Pass. I cannot get inside the supermarket without it.
I went out usually in the morning after breakfast so that I can take a bath when I got back home. And it’s still not crowded, I hope.
The first changes I noticed was the tent that the volunteers guarding our Sitio. It was put up again and the volunteers were there checking everyone who’s getting inside. Only residents and boarders are allowed to enter.
When I reached the main road, there were a couple of vehicles passing by. The same situation when we’re under General Community Quarantine. The road is quite busy but not as much as before the pandemic.
My first stop was Watsons. There were only few customers. Maybe 5 or less. When I got inside, the guard called me and sprayed my hands with alcohol. It’s not hard to roam around and getting worried because there were only few people. I was able to get what I want and pay in just 15 minutes.
Then, I walked going to my next stop, Metrobank. I encountered/met a couple of people walking from here to there. And there were soldiers outside.
When I reached in Metrobank, there were about 5 or 6 people standing outside. It’s the line to get inside. They’re limiting the people to get inside to 5. The distance was maybe 1meter or less given the limited space. Since I need to withdraw, I went to the ATM and went back in the line after. When it’s my turned, the guard took my temperature and sprayed my hands with alcohol. There were hand sanitizers places everywhere in the bank. Chairs were placed with good and safe distance. There is clear plastic placed to separate the teller/bank staff from customers. And all the staff are wearing masks.
Next and final stop is Robinson’s Supermarket. I know the drill already here. No one can get inside without the Quarantine Pass. If you are with someone, they should have the pass too. Meaning, 1 pass per person. There were a couple of people inside. Not much though. Enough to get a safe distance from others. It’s easier to get what you need since it’s not crowded. And oh! Make sure you list down what you need for faster shopping. And that way, you can avoid buying extra things. But I usually do. Haha
I had a good time buying some stuff and sometimes I went beyond the list. And then getting a problem on how to carry everything home. 😂
Good thing for today, I just had enough. Went beyond the list but can still carry everything. And I was luck to bump into one of my previous employer’s clients and he let me hitched and dropped me off in the entrance to our house.
Upon entering, the volunteers sprayed my whole body with some disinfectant (a combination of water and chlorine) and took my temperature. That’s the 3rd time and I am within 36 degrees Celsius.
And some of our neighbors were outside. Doing different stuff. Some were chatting with friends. It’s a little bit more relaxed than the first ECQ.
But whatever the type of quarantine we are in. Either it’s ECQ or GCQ, 1 thing that we should all follow is to stay at home unless necessary. Going outside exposes yourself to the virus and risking yourself to be contacted with it. We really don’t know who has it. So we must have to be really careful.
I’m starting my 14-day quarantine and observation again. This is what I do whenever I went out for grocery and stuff. 😁
Keep safe, everyone! Praying always that this will be over and vaccine or medicine will be available. 🙏
Why? I had anxiety after I went to the grocery on April 2. I was not able to sleep for about 3 nights and was always worried. That’s why we thought of availing these services.
It’s been awhile since I went out to buy grocery. The last time was April 2. From then onwards, we just ordered grocery stuff either through the supermarket itself or online grocery services.
Just this June 1, Cebu City was declared as General Community Quarantine after it was under Enhanced Community Quarantine last few days of March.
What does it mean? More establishments are opened. People can go out and cross border. Public utility vehicles are allowed to operate. Airlines are allowed to fly but not for leisure. But still, we need to observe social distancing, wearing of mask, curfew hours.
It may sound not stricter now but still, the virus is still there without vaccine or medicine. Thus, we still have to be more cautious and avoid going out unless we have or need to.
I’m gonna share what I observed and experienced this time compared to the last time I went out.
Last time I went out, I was bringing with me Community Quarantine Pass. Supermarkets are open at specific time. Some supermarkets imposed limited number of people to get inside and on limited time like in Robinson’s Supermarket. There’s no taxi or grab, so you have to bring your grocery on your own or maybe book Angkas or Grab Delivery. I waited for a few hours before I was able to enter the supermarket. It took me about 3 hours just to have my grocery.
The road that time was almost empty. Just few private vehicles and those who are serving the frontliners can be seen in the road. Upon going out our street, there is a tent where volunteers guarded whoever is coming in to get their temperature and list down their names. Only residents or boarders can get in. Delivery was not allowed to get inside either.
That’s why from April 3 to yesterday, we were able to go out until the post to get the delivery or at the bank just nearby.
Since my destinations for today are the bank and Robinson’s Supermarket, I just have to walk. All geared up with my mask and eyeglasses. With alcohol and tissue inside my bag. I departed from the house at around 9AM. I am pretty excited to see the differences or changes in the outside world.
First thing that surprised me was the post or tent was no longer there. No one is guarding the street going inside. Meaning anyone can access (in and out).
The road has more vehicles. But haven’t seen PUVs.
There were a couple of people outside Gaisano Countrymall waiting for the jeepney. I think they’re going to work.
When I reached at the first bank to withdraw, I saw few people outside waiting to get inside. Luckily, there’s no line to the ATM. That’s why, I was able to withdraw in an instant.
I then went to the next bank to pay my bills and deposit. Before entering, the guard will take the temperature and let you fill up the form (name, contact number). There are alcohols placed anywhere in the bank. The chairs for waiting are marked so that customers can only sit on those marks. All the staff is wearing disposable masks. I was really hoping that they could use washable so that they don’t have to consume much. The line to the teller was not long. So I was accommodated immediately.
After the bank, I went to Robinson’s Supermarket. Unlike last time, there was no line outside. No one is waiting. So I directly went to the supermarket. There is a note posted that No Mask No Entry. Before entering, the guard will ask for your Community Quarantine Pass. If you have, she will take your temperature and let you in.
The supermarket was not crowded. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s Friday and most of the people are working. Or if it’s because people tend to buy their grocery at Gaisano Countrymall. But whatever the reason is, I’m glad that social distancing can really be observed.
I walked from one section to another then to another. Until I was able to buy what’s on the list plus more. Though some items in the list are not available. I was shocked on the total price. Haha. I don’t know if the prices went up or I just bought many stuff since I enjoyed the time. 😅
After buying, I went up and booked for Grab Delivery. I cannot carry all the stuff. My bones will totally break. Haha. So I opted to book and let my sister pick it at the drop off point. Just a few meters from home.
As I was waiting in the Loading & Unloading Area for a driver, I haven’t seen any taxi there. I’m not sure if taxis are operating already or not. Grab is still not operating though.
First driver arrived. He apologized because he cannot carry my stuff. So I just canceled it. He’s nice enough though. Second driver accepted the booking and told me that he’s on his way. He’s kind enough to find a way to carry the box and the plastic of grocery. Then I called my sister that he’s on the way.
I think that’s one of the things that’s difficult now or even during ECQ, finding a taxi or grab or jeepney. Commuters will really struggle with this. Especially even before the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have problem already with PUVs. I don’t know what will happen now if everyone has to go back to the office and we need to implement social distancing.
Going back, I just walked going home. I dropped by Bubble Tea Station to buy some Milktea. I took the opposite side of Gaisano Countrymall on my way home. There’s no much people outside. You can really distance yourself. I went to Rose Pharmacy to buy stuff that I didn’t find in the supermarket. Unfortunately, the line is long. So I just went out.
And I can feel that there’s more vehicles now because crossing from the gas station to our little street took more time than before. But still manageable.
Getting inside our street is easier this time. I don’t have to stop for temperature checking and splashing of water with chlorine for disinfection. But, I still feel that how nice it would be if that was still being implemented.
Why? At least we can all be sure that everyone’s going inside is safe and clean. We still don’t know who has the virus outside. But of course, those volunteers need to rest, too. They’re serving 24hours in 7 days, I think. Risking their lives to safeguard the Sitio and the people. I’m grateful for them, though.
Anyhow, I arrived safely at home at past 11PM. It’s almost 3 hours that I was outside.
I’m also hoping that I’m safe and free from any contamination. Coz the last thing I want is to a victim after being stuck inside for so long.
We all have our ways to live our lives normally, safely and healthy. But whatever and however our new normal looks like, let us not forget that the virus is still out there. It’s waiting for the next victim. Unless the vaccine and medicine is out, we cannot say that we are safe and free.
So the next time you go out, make sure that you’re taking all the precautions needed. It’s better safe than sorry. It’s better to be paranoid that to be a victim. Right? 😉
Keep safe everyone! 😊
I was looking for some questions about love online and I find this article from The New York Times. It is called The 36 Questions that Lead to Love. But I will only be answering on what is applicable to myself.
So, since it is my Friday Off and I have nothing to do other than thinking on what Korean Drama to watch next. Haha
Update: posted it so late 😬
I decided to answer questions like this. And let me know if we share some sentiments or what are your thoughts.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? I would like to have dinner with all my Korean Actor crushes. 😅
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? I want to be famous for my experiences about travel and my thoughts about love & life.
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? It depends on the situation. If I will be talking to someone who’s higher in position than me that I don’t talk a lot, I would. But in most cases, I don’t.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? Being at home with my family, eating the meal together, talking different stuff, watching TV together, and talking again til it’s late at night & time to go to sleep.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? I sing to myself everyday. Hahaha If singing in my room which my sister can hear considers singing to someone else, then everyday.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? This is so hard though. Haha I would want to have a body of a 30-year-old so that I am strong and fit all those time. As much as I want to have a mind of a 30-year-old, but I think someone would get more mature and wiser as she gets older.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? None, actually. But I want it to happen just peacefully.
8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? I am most grateful for my family. Super! 😍
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I think I was raised by my parents a child should be raised. We were being disciplined well. So, none!
10. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I hope I can gain some ability. Maybe good about writing or painting or singing or dancing. That’s more than one. 😂
11. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? I want the crystal ball to tell me about my future. Coz I am always a spoiler. So, a glimpse of what will happen in the future would be great.
12. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? I dreamed of moving to another city or country. I haven’t done it yet since I have some responsibilities here in PH and I need more savings to do it.
13. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Having graduated from college as working student and getting a job that was far from my profession but I really enjoyed.
14. What do you value most in a friendship? Honesty. Despite how bad it may seem, as long as we are open and honest about each other, that’s totally great.
15. What is your most treasured memory? Oh no! Can’t remember. Hehe My childhood memories. Coz it was fun and young ones nowadays don’t do stuff that we used to do before.
16. What is your most terrible memory? The bad decisions I made in life.
17. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? Hmmm.. I would spend more and more time with my loved ones especially my family. But maybe, I should be more nicer. Something that would bring me surely to heaven. Hehe
18. What does friendship mean to you? Friendship means love and honesty. You know you always have someone even if you don’t see or talk every day. You have someone you can surely trust.
19. What roles do love and affection play in your life? Love plays an important role in my life. It is not just about with the opposite sex or partner but most especially to my families and friends who are always there with me. This love for them makes me respect & trust them and works hard to make them happy. And of course, this love that I gave even more to myself makes me who I am today. Makes me realize my worth and not depends on someone else. Affection makes me giddy (kilig) and smile a lot. Haha. It goes for my favorite celebrities. Recently, mostly Koreans. And giving some sweet flavor to our days. 😁
20. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s? Our family is so close & warm that we can talk about anything, we can voice out our opinions without worries and we always embrace everyone. We always feel we belong. And I surely have the best and happiest childhood.
21. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? I feel so great and blessed. I am blessed to have a mother like my Mama. And I look up to her a lot.
22. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “ I wish I had someone with whom I could share my stories of my journey and misadventures.
23. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? I haven’t cried in front of another person. By myself, just a few days back. Need to exercise my heart. Hehe
24. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Hmmm.. Anything about God.
25. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet? I haven’t told my family I love them a lot in person. Haven’t done it because we are not that sweet but we know we love each other for real.
26. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? My Doraemon collections. I just love them and I collect them all throughout the world.
27. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why? Everyone in the family. I don’t want this to happen to anyone. I would choose that it will happen to me first than them.
I found this article online written by Marc Chernoff and posted in marcandangel.com. The article is entitled the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.
With the current situation we are in right now due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, most of us are worried and had even feel anxiety. It is because we are afraid and uncertain of our health and safety.
So, this article is a good way to free ourself from those anxiety and fear. Instead, focus on our life, what we want to happen and our outlook or plans.
I’m gonna share to you my answer and thoughts. I will try to keep it short so you won’t get bored reading. Hehe
And don’t forget to answer it for yourself too. 😉
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I think I am still on my early 20s and still exploring the world, and finding what I really want for my life.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying is worse, for sure. For me, failing is never trying. And I don’t like regretting that I did not try it.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? It is maybe because we have no choice or maybe because it is our choice to do it.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I would go for both. I talk a lot but I want to do it a lot, too.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? How selfish and chaotic the world is. If only, we would be selfless, think about others and just unite.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Traveling and telling stories.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am doing what I believe in. Though I want to do more. That’s why I’m not settling for what I’m doing.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Maybe I have already child in a year or two. Or a family.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Everything that I am in right now is the product of my decision. So I think I pretty controlled it about 85% to 90%.
10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Actually, both. I always worried if I did the right thing or I did it right.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would correct them and tell them that they should know someone deeper instead of talking things like that.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? The world is not all glory, you have to get ready and strong to face it head high.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I would find a legal way to save my loved one.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I don’t think so.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Hmmm.. Dealing with people. Some would tolerate people even if they are wrong. I really don’t like pretending it’s okay when it’s not.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because every single person has its own happiness. And we think things differently too.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Moving to another city or country. There is still no opportunity and I still have responsibilities here.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? No. I don’t.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I have lot of options actually. Hehe Either Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada or Australia.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Sometimes coz I am paranoid. Hehe But it does not make it move faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I would be a joyful simpleton. I am a worried person now and I don’t like it.
22. Why are you, you? Coz this is me. This is the result of the years of teaching from my parents and experiences – good or bad.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes not. Sometimes I’m being too emotional and have no time for them.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near to you is worst. I had like this experience and it makes me sad.
25. What are you most grateful for? Definitely, my family.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I love all the things that happened to me in the past. And memories include the people I love the most who are not with me now like my grandparents. And I can’t just lose that.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes of course. If we are brave enough to tell the truth.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet. And I’m praying that it won’t ever happen.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I can’t even remember it clearly so it does not matter to me.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? There are a lot. One of which was when my mother would bake cupcakes during my birthday and I would bring it in school to share with my classmates. The garland made of candies that my grandmother would make and give us when we have awards at school.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Hmmm.. I think these past 3 years.
32. If not now, then when? Soon.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? My current job.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Haven’t done this. Coz if I am with someone, I usually talk. Haha
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Maybe because they have different ways to face and handle things that lead to misunderstanding and war.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? In most cases, it is clear to know what is good and evil. But sometimes, people tend to be blind.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes. Hahaha Don’t get me wrong. I love my job and officemates. But there are still a lot of things I want to do which need money. And I want to do it before settling in or getting old.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? I would rather have more work that I actually enjoy doing. I find it fun and fulfilling. And having nothing to do is boring and waste of time.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? With this quarantine situation, I lived this day for more than 2 months now. 😁
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Cannot remember. 😂
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Everyone. But if it impossible, I will find another way to connect to them.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. I would love to live my life longer with my family and friends.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is waking up each day, breathing, seeing the world. Truly living is doing things you really love, being real happy.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? If you know that it is the right thing to do and it is worth whatever risk, then go ahead.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because people don’t like to commit mistake. We are worried of the result and the consequences.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would be more open about what I think. I would do more stuff without hesitations. I would voice out more of my opinions.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Every night because I do breathe.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love eating and traveling. Yeah, I have been expressing it these days except the traveling thing coz of quarantine.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I think not everything. Because I tend to forget things except if it is really significant.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I am making decisions for myself. I will be the one to suffer if I don’t like it, so I better do it.
There, it is done. I hope you have fun reading it and encourage you to answer for yourself. It’s really a good time killer and boredom killer. 😂
Thank you again to Marc Chernoff for this list. 😊