I found this article online written by Marc Chernoff and posted in marcandangel.com. The article is entitled the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.
With the current situation we are in right now due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, most of us are worried and had even feel anxiety. It is because we are afraid and uncertain of our health and safety.
So, this article is a good way to free ourself from those anxiety and fear. Instead, focus on our life, what we want to happen and our outlook or plans.
I\’m gonna share to you my answer and thoughts. I will try to keep it short so you won\’t get bored reading. Hehe
And don\’t forget to answer it for yourself too. 😉
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I think I am still on my early 20s and still exploring the world, and finding what I really want for my life.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying is worse, for sure. For me, failing is never trying. And I don\’t like regretting that I did not try it.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? It is maybe because we have no choice or maybe because it is our choice to do it.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I would go for both. I talk a lot but I want to do it a lot, too.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? How selfish and chaotic the world is. If only, we would be selfless, think about others and just unite.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Traveling and telling stories.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am doing what I believe in. Though I want to do more. That\’s why I\’m not settling for what I\’m doing.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Maybe I have already child in a year or two. Or a family.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Everything that I am in right now is the product of my decision. So I think I pretty controlled it about 85% to 90%.
10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Actually, both. I always worried if I did the right thing or I did it right.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would correct them and tell them that they should know someone deeper instead of talking things like that.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? The world is not all glory, you have to get ready and strong to face it head high.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I would find a legal way to save my loved one.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I don\’t think so.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Hmmm.. Dealing with people. Some would tolerate people even if they are wrong. I really don\’t like pretending it\’s okay when it\’s not.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because every single person has its own happiness. And we think things differently too.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Moving to another city or country. There is still no opportunity and I still have responsibilities here.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? No. I don\’t.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I have lot of options actually. Hehe Either Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada or Australia.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Sometimes coz I am paranoid. Hehe But it does not make it move faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I would be a joyful simpleton. I am a worried person now and I don\’t like it.
22. Why are you, you? Coz this is me. This is the result of the years of teaching from my parents and experiences – good or bad.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes not. Sometimes I\’m being too emotional and have no time for them.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near to you is worst. I had like this experience and it makes me sad.
25. What are you most grateful for? Definitely, my family.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I love all the things that happened to me in the past. And memories include the people I love the most who are not with me now like my grandparents. And I can\’t just lose that.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes of course. If we are brave enough to tell the truth.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet. And I\’m praying that it won\’t ever happen.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I can\’t even remember it clearly so it does not matter to me.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? There are a lot. One of which was when my mother would bake cupcakes during my birthday and I would bring it in school to share with my classmates. The garland made of candies that my grandmother would make and give us when we have awards at school.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Hmmm.. I think these past 3 years.
32. If not now, then when? Soon.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? My current job.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Haven\’t done this. Coz if I am with someone, I usually talk. Haha
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Maybe because they have different ways to face and handle things that lead to misunderstanding and war.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? In most cases, it is clear to know what is good and evil. But sometimes, people tend to be blind.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes. Hahaha Don\’t get me wrong. I love my job and officemates. But there are still a lot of things I want to do which need money. And I want to do it before settling in or getting old.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? I would rather have more work that I actually enjoy doing. I find it fun and fulfilling. And having nothing to do is boring and waste of time.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? With this quarantine situation, I lived this day for more than 2 months now. 😁
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Cannot remember. 😂
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Everyone. But if it impossible, I will find another way to connect to them.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. I would love to live my life longer with my family and friends.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is waking up each day, breathing, seeing the world. Truly living is doing things you really love, being real happy.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? If you know that it is the right thing to do and it is worth whatever risk, then go ahead.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because people don\’t like to commit mistake. We are worried of the result and the consequences.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would be more open about what I think. I would do more stuff without hesitations. I would voice out more of my opinions.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Every night because I do breathe.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love eating and traveling. Yeah, I have been expressing it these days except the traveling thing coz of quarantine.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I think not everything. Because I tend to forget things except if it is really significant.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I am making decisions for myself. I will be the one to suffer if I don\’t like it, so I better do it.
There, it is done. I hope you have fun reading it and encourage you to answer for yourself. It\’s really a good time killer and boredom killer. 😂
Thank you again to Marc Chernoff for this list. 😊