UPDATE AS OF DECEMBER 2022: The Embassy of the Republic of Korea abolished the accreditation to travel agency effective on January 3, 2023.
When the world stopped from moving due to the pandemic, many people might turned to Korean Dramas like me. That’s why when the country opened to tourists again, a huge flock of people wanted to go.
And so, there are a lot of applicants for visa waiting outside the Embassy as early as dawn just to make sure that they can get a slot.
That’s why, the Korean Embassy and Consulate of Korea in Cebu implemented the Online Appointment.
Actually, there are two ways to apply a Korean Visa.
Via Accredited Agency Online those agencies accredited and endorsed by the Embassy are allowed to process the visa. There are limitations in terms of number of applications they can cater each day. So better check it with them on the schedule and the requirements. These are the 36 accredited/designated travel agencies with the number of pending applications as of October 17, 2022.
Via Online Appointment
Determine the type of visa you are applying. Tourist Visa Code is C-3-9. Each visa type has different requirements. So check it beforehand.
Once you have the list of requirements for your specific visa type, complete the Application Form (make sure it is the latest version) and prepare all the requirements. This is the updated form as of February 7, 2022.
You can either type-written or handwritten in accomplishing the Application Form. Make sure that it will be readable and clean. For type-written, I used Arial Font Type and 11-12 Font Size. Print all your documents using an A4 size bondpaper.
Double and triple check everything before going to the Embassy or Consulate Office.
MY TWO CENTS IN ACCOMPLISHING THE FORM (based on my personal experience and it might differ)
- Status of Stay – If you are going as a Tourist, put C-3-9 Tourism
- For address, include City/Municipaity, Country, Zip Code
- For contact number, include the Country Code (+63) and Area Code (does not apply for mobile numbers)
- Follow the indicated date format yyyy/mm/dd
- Follow location format if indicated like in School Location City/Province/Country
- Address in Korea – you can input address of any hotels in Korea. You do not need to book. You can look up online or through booking apps like Agoda or Booking.com or even Airbnb
- For the list of visits to South Korea or to other countries, I wrote it from latest to oldest, top to bottom
- Family considered here is Parents, Children, Spouse, Siblings
- For the estimated travel costs, there are really NO specific amount for us to guarantee that our application will be approved. In my case, I would budget USD150 per day. Then, I just have more amount in my bank than my budget.
- For the fields that does not apply to you, you can put N/A on it
Schedule your appointment online thru https://consul.mofa.go.kr/en/main.do
The following is needed for the online appointment:
- Passport Number of the applicant
- Contact Number of the applicant
- Email Address of the applicant
Choose the date and time for your appointment.
Once completed, visit the Embassy or Consulate Office on the date and time of your appointment. Bring the following with you:
- A printed or soft copy of your Reservation Confirmation which will be provided after completing the appointment process
- Completed visa application form
- All the required documents
- Identification Card and Passport of Applicant
You can refer to the Korean Visa Online Appointment Guidelines for the detailed procedure.
The application form and documents will be screened by the in-charge. If completed, you will be provided with the claim slip that indicates the tentative releasing date.
Again, with the huge number of applicants these days, there is a possibility that the releasing date will go beyond the tentative date. So it is better to apply for your visa earlier if you have a plane ticket already or you have desired travel date. The Single Entry Visa is valid for 3 months.
It is also advised to purchase the plane ticket if you already have an approved visa.
Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Republic of the Philippines
Address : 122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city 1634, Philippines
Tel : +63-2-8856-9210, Fax : +63-2-8856-9008
Hours of Operation : 08:00~17:00 (Mon-Fri)
Consulate of the Republic of Korea in Cebu
Address: 12F Chinabank Corporate Center, Lot2, Samar Loop, Cor. Road 5, Cebu Business Park, Mabolo, Cebu City Philippines 6000
Tel: +63-32-231-1516 (-9)
Hours of Operation: 8:30-17:00 (Mon-Fri),
Until these days, only applicants from Visayas can apply in Cebu Consulate Office. Other locations must apply in the Embassy in Manila.