Skip to content

#TripMagSoloSaTaiwan: Taipei City Tour

I started my second day in Taiwan with an early trip from Hualien County to Taipei City via a train.


After 2.5 hours trip, I arrived at the Taipei Main Station. I decided to head first to the hotel that I will be staying so that I can leave my things before starting my tour.

I will be staying in Uinn Travel Hostel. After a train ride from Taipei Main Station to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall Station, I walked for about 10-15 minutes to get to the hotel. Thanks to #GoogleMaps for the help. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is my cozy hotel. It looks attractive and homey outside.
These two welcomed me. ๐Ÿ™‚

When I arrived, it is still so early for their check in time. The staff informed that I can leave my things and proceed with my tour. I asked them if I could change and they were so kind enough to let me use their bathroom in the lower floor. And then, they gave me some information on what can I see within the area.

Then, I headed out and start my day 2.

Let the walking begin… (We really need to walk and walk and walk! Hahaha.)

My first destination is the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. A memorial to the founder of modern China, Dr. Sun Yat-sen. The National Sun Yatsen Memorial Hall was built in 1972 as a tribute to the founder of the Republic of China.(From: Guide to Taipei)

It can be found just a few meters away from the Sun Yat-sen Train Station. You will not be lost because there is a signage outside. No entrance fee.

Other good thing about the place is that you can have a look of Taipei 101

I believe he is Sun Yat-sen. (I cannot read Chinese. :D)

This is the Memorial Hall.

From here, you can have a full view of the Taipei 101.

When I was there, the guards had a performance. I am not sure though if it was the changing of guards or just purely a performance. Anyhow, everyone was entertained.

Next stop is the Confucius Temple and Dalongdong Baoan Temple. They are just located in the same area (like you can just walk from the first to the second).

This is the station where you need to get off and walk to Baoan Temple and Confucius Temple.

One of the things I love about Taiwan is that you can just leave your scooters and bicycles without worrying. Plus, you can rent a bicycle anywhere. You just have to tap your Easy Card. They have bike lanes too.

And the people do follow traffic rules too.

When I was walking to the temple, I saw this tall fence with some words written in Chinese. This is the time that I wish I know basic Chinese. Haha! I am not sure if it is the temple that I am looking for or not. But Google said that I should keep on walking until I crossed to that fence.


When I was there, I saw this quote from Confucius. I continued walking until I saw the 6 Confucian Arts. I took a photo on each of them before heading to the temple across the street.

It is the Dalongdong Baoan Temple. There were few tourists and few locals praying. I roamed around and took some photos. I really wanted to try praying with the incense sticks but I do not know how to. ๐Ÿ™‚


After that, I went inside to the temple across it which I do not know what is the name.

Then went back to the temple I went first. Without knowing, that tall fence is where I can find The Confucius Temple. Unfortunately, it was closed during my visit. So I just took the photos of the gate and the quote outside. Then, I headed back to the train station for my next destination.

But before heading to my next stop, I got hungry. It was past lunch time already. I was looking around and I see many local restaurants or like a carinderia in the PH. But my problem is how can I communicate with them. Their menu is written in Chinese and I am not sure if they can understand me speaking in foreign language. Thus, I looked for another place to eat until I find Subway. Okay! This is so new (seems like there is none of it in PH. Haha!) but I have no choice. Even if I want to try eating the local dish that much, I chose not to because I cannot understand the menu. Hahaha! Plus I am very conscious with what to eat since I just came out from the hospital!

Then, finally heading to my 3rd stop, the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.


The CKS Memorial Hall was erected in honor and memory of Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek, the former President of the Republic of China, and was opened in 1980 as part of a national park and gathering area. The name of the square is officially Liberty Square (่‡ช็”ฑๅปฃๅ ด), as seen above the front gate, however the name change was politically motivated and most people in practice still refer to the entire complex as CKS Memorial Hall. (From: Guide to Taipei)

I just roamed around, took photos and enjoyed the view even if it was raining the whole time.

I also got inside the hall, checked on the display, bought souvenir and a postcard, wrote a note for my mother and dropped it in the post office. I want to make it a habit to send a post card to my mother every time I am out of country. Starting this trip. ๐Ÿ™‚

She was able to receive it two weeks after and she hanged it in our Christmas Tree. Haha!


When I got satisfied and tired in walking around, I decided to head to Taipei 101.


When I arrived, it was still raining. I directly headed to the floor to claim my ticket. Actually, I already bought a ticket through Klook but I need to clam the physical ticket in Taipei 101. The staff asked me if what is my preferred time and she told me that they cannot guarantee that it will be 100% visible because of the rain. So, I chose the 4:30PM schedule.

Since I still have a few more minutes, I decided to go back to the food court and had a snack because I felt really hungry.

Taiwan is the land of milktea so I decided to try one even if I am not supposed to drink anything with milk and tea. ๐Ÿ˜€

Then headed back after that. And took some photos.

We will be transported to the 89th floor via an elevator. Of course, that is the only way I guess. Haha!

While we were travelling, there is some voice over giving us some information while the ceiling of the elevator’s display kept on changing (just like when we went to N Seoul Tower in Seoul).ย And it seems I had panic attacked and so, I kept myself busy in taking videos. ๐Ÿ˜€

Fortunately, even if it was raining, the view outside was still very clear. There was still day light since it was still 4:30PM. I can clearly see the tall buildings that already look like a miniature, the mountain, the fog, the bridge, and a lot more. I enjoyed looking outside, taking photos.

The difficult thing about traveling solo is taking yourself a decent whole body picture. Luckily, there was this woman (a Filipino) who offered to take photo of me and even let her daughter took some because as what she said, her daughter is good photographer. Indeed, they are. Thanks to them. ๐Ÿ™‚


When it was already getting dark, I decided to go down and proceed to my next destination. But before that, we needed to pass through this store in going to the elevator.

I would supposedly be going to Elephant Mountain to get a very nice view of Taipei 101. But since it was raining the whole day, I thought not to go because it might not be visible.

So, I decided to head to my next and last stop, Taipei Main Station Mall. Yeah, the station has a mall and a wide variety of things to buy from pasalubong to clothes to souvenirs to toys to Japanese collectibles (I have been looking for this because my mother requested) to a whole lot more. They also have restaurants where you can dine.

I walked and walked and walked and checked the stores until I was able to buy what my Mama wanted, souvenirs and a Doraemon miniature for myself. I wanted to buy Doraemon stuff in every country that I will be visiting for collection. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was around 8PM that I decided to stop checking the stores but instead look for a restaurant where I can have my dinner. I found one and bought some Ramen and Fried Pork.

My feet was hurting so bad already that I can barely walk. But I still have to walk to the train station and to the hotel.

After the dinner, I headed to the station then took the line to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall station. From there, I walked again for about 10 minutes to the hotel.

While I was walking, I just noticed that even if the road was quiet and there was some dark spots but it is still very safe to walk. Plus, I saw a lot of scooters park outside and some have even a helmet left on it.

After a few minutes, finally I arrived in the hotel. I claimed my stuff, the key was given to me and I headed to my room.

My roommates were already sleeping the moment I arrived. It was already past 10PM. I just arranged my things because I will check out early the next day. Then had a shower, changed and charged all my gadgets. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I called that a day. That’s how my day 2 had been. Too much things that I visited and saw. Kinda tiring but very fun. <3