For those who have plans on going to Camotes Island yet do not have enough idea on how to get there, then keep on reading this post. 😄
In getting to Camotes Island, you need to go to Danao City (north of Cebu) first and ride a boat there.
So, first thing to do and the most important is buying your ticket ahead of time especially during Summer where there are lots of tourist going. You can buy the ticket at least 2 days from your departure at Jomalia Shipping Office in Subangdaku, Mandaue City. Their office is located inside the Kimwa Construction Compound (Kimwa is the owner of Jomalia Shipping) near the Subangdaku Police Station.
Once you get there, you need to fill up the form indicating the departure date and time, port of origin, and the name of the passengers. For your convenience, buy a roundtrip ticket so that you do not have to fall a long line in Camotes.
This is the schedule and fares ☑️
On the day of your trip, just follow the steps below and you will get to the island without a headache. 😉
- Go to Danao City by bus, jeepney or v-hire.
- By Bus – Hail a taxi or jeepney to Cebu North Bus Terminal. Then, ride a North bound bus. The fare is Php 40.00.
- By Jeepney – Go to White Gold or Sun Gold across Sm City Cebu. Ride a jeepney with a Danao route. The fare is Php 30-35.
- By V-hire – Go to SM City Cebu V-hire terminal and hail on a V-hire with a Danao route. There is no assurance that V-hire is available early morning. The fare is Php 50.00 each.
- The ride from Cebu City to Danao City Port is about an hour. It is easy to locate the port because there is a signage and the driver of the vehicle you are riding will stop on the port. Just make sure to inform them.
- Upon arriving at Danao City Port, go to the desk where you will buy the terminal fee that costs Php5.00 each. You need to show your ticket.
- Then, wait for your boarding.
The trip is approximately 2 and 1/2 hours. So, make sure to board fast so that you can choose a seat that you are comfortable. There is no seat number and this is one of the reasons to board the ship faster than the others. It is a first come first serve basis. If you do not want to sit on the floor or stand the whole ride, thus be quick. Run! 🏃😃
During summer, the whole trip is a smooth sailing. And if you are lucky and awake the whole time, you might see dolphins. That’s for FREE! 🐋
After the 2.5 hours of sleeping, chitchatting, watching movies, listening the music, and the list goes on just not to bore yourself, finally you will see the beauty of the island! 🙉
That’s the beautiful view from the ship! ☺️
Once you are out of the ship, you will find habal-habal and tricycle drivers outside greeting and offering their service.
For us, we contacted Kuya Michael prior to our travel. I found his number on one of the blog posts I was reading and the blogger obviously recommended him. If you want to, you can reach him at 0936 6684545. Indeed, he is a nice person, he brought us to all possible tourist attractions that we can and he is very patient in waiting for us. The fee is Php 500.00 plus 2 liters of fuel. He will fetch and send you off the port.
That begins your happy vacation in Camotes Island. Have fun and never get tired of the tour! 😊👍💕