I started travelling four years ago. (Though I have a few trips with my family while I was studying.) My first trips were with my sister in Manila then followed by my work. A year after that, I had been traveling with my friends then my boyfriend, my sister and my family.
Every trips I had came with different experience.
For instance, traveling for work requires me to get up on a specific time then report to the clients or to the training. After that, then I can go where I want like somewhere to eat or roam around the area.
When I travel with my family, boyfriend or friends, I usually do the planning ahead on where to stay, where to go/visit and even make itinerary. Time may be specified but just for basis/reference.
I found no problem going on a trip with my family and my boyfriend and of course with work. But problems usually occur when traveling with groups. It is a must that they should be involved in the planning so that there will be no regrets in the end. However, even sometimes it is kinda hard to handle groups but now I am traveling with the coolest people. Of course, they can invite someone to come but we have some rules to follow.
These rules lead to the Five Types of People To Avoid In Traveling.
1. Those who are good with planning but are not really going. These people are those who mostly will say they will join when you invited them and even give suggestions about your trip. But when its near your travel date, they will say that they won’t be going. A lot of things will surely be ruined; budget, accommodation, tour packages, etc. Let us call them, Last-Minute Backout Traveler! 🙄
(Disclaimer: Of course, except for those who have valid reasons.)
2. Those who cannot leave outside their comfort zone. These people are those who cannot adjust to the place you will be staying, the vehicle you will be riding and the food you will be eating. These are those who bring his life to wherever you go. He wants to stay, ride and eat to what he likes even if it is expensive. A big effect on the budget! Let us call them, Not A Cowboy Traveler! 👸🏼
(Disclaimer: Of course, except to those who have special conditions like food allergies that can be picky.)
3. Those who do not like to mingle with others. These people who will stick with their friends. And if they are mixed with others, they tend to separate and create their own group. Do, talk and see what they want just them and leaving others behind. As long as they are together. These will usually make the whole group divided and won\’t be bonded. Let us call them, Friends Zone Traveler! 👯
(Disclaimer: No one should be exempted on this. Every time you travel, make sure to make new friends that will be added to your list. And the very first people should be your trip companions.)
4. Those who think of what he likes or has his own plans. These people are those who has their own hidden agenda. When you were still planning, they give suggestions. But when everything is final and it is your trip already, things changed. Your plans will sometimes be changed and ruined because they want to do something. Something that could only benefit themselves. Let us call them, Trip Destroyer! 🤔
(Disclaimer: Of course, except for a side-trip to somewhere you want that has been brought up to the group ahead or if you have a day or a couple of hours free-time to do what you want.)
5. Those who keep on complaining rather than having fun. These people are those who always look for the negative and will not appreciate what you are doing, seeing and going. Even to the most beautiful place you go, they always have a complain. They could usually ruin the moment and the fun. And they are a big headache. Let us call them, Unhappy Traveler! 😡
(Disclaimer: Complains are inevitable if the service you get is not good, the price you have to pay is too high or the place you go is chaotic. But in travelling, instead of looking for something to complain, you should and must always find the best if not the good about your experience even if how bad it is. You are there to have fun. So stop spreading the bad vibes!).
You want to know our rules? Read these!👇🏻👇🏼👇🏽
Rule #1 One for all. All for one. 🌍
Rule #2 No one should be left behind. 👫👬👭
Rule #3 Interact with each other especially if we have new soon-to-be friends joining. Let us make them at ease and comfy. 👥
Rule #4 Don\’t forget to cherish every moment, every place and every activity. Picture! 📷📹
Rule #5 If you have problem/issues/concerns, let us all talk about it 🗣
Rule #6 Have fun 😎😛
Rule #7 Enjoy 😜😋😂
Rule #8 Don\’t forget #6 & #7❣
In short, have fun and enjoy the moment! Coz the moment wasted will never be taken back. 🤓💚
Remember: traveling is about exploring the wonders of the earth, trying out new things and making new friends 😍😎👊🏼👣👍🏻